VicRoads Registration & Bookings

City Bus and Truck Centre (CBTC) is a VicRoads Appointed Public Registration Office.

Registrations of New / Used Light & Heavy Commercial Vehicles including Trailers are performed on our premises while you wait. Experience shorter waiting times for Bookings and enjoy complimentary refreshments while we register your vehicle. There’s also easy access and parking for Semi-Trailers & B-Doubles.

Eligible Vehicles / Trailers

  • All Light & Heavy Vehicles
  • All Light & Heavy Buses
  • All Light & Heavy Trailers

To obtain a registration booking we will require the following“Preliminary Vehicle Check Form” to be completed and returned. Download here (N.B. Not required for Brand New Vehicles).

Once you have made your booking, you will need to bring along the following documents with you on the day:

Registration Documents. Download here

  • Proof of purchase (Tax Invoice).
  • Current Roadworthiness Certificate (Unless New).
  • Current Weighbridge Docket.
  • VASS Certificate (is only required if the Vehicle has been modified in any way since last registered).
  • Copy of the Certificate of Incorporation of Company name. (Company Registrations only).
  • Proof of a garaging address in the state of Victoria - I.E - Utility / Phone Bill, Rental Agreement Etc. Addressed to the Registers’ name at the Victorian Address.
  • Copy of the Applicant’s Drivers Licence front & back. (Directors Licence for a Company)
  • Applicant / Director’s Signature on Original “Authority to Register” form & “Proof of Identity” form (can be done on-site on day).
  • Applicant / Director’s Signature on Original “VicRoads Registration” form (can be done on-site on day).

Any queries or for clarification on any of the above please contact our
office on (03) 9303 2222 or email

As a Vic Roads Licensed Heavy Vehicle Tester & VACC Accredited Commercial Vehicle Specialist, CBTC can also assist in preparing your vehicle for registration with dedicated mechanical Workshop including brake roller tester / shaker machine, Paint & Panel repairs, issuing Roadworthy Certificates, and organising VASS (Vehicle Assessment Signatory Scheme) Engineer certificates for modified vehicles.

Give us a call and speak to our friendly workshop supervisor to discuss your needs.

Copyright 2022 by ourAuto Website designed and hosted by OurAuto Digital